Orthodontist: Alignment specialist
Orthodontics is about correcting teeth and jaws that are out of position. You may see an orthodontist if your jaw isn’t aligned properly leading to an overbite, underbite or crossbite. You may see an orthodontist if your teeth are crooked or misaligned. In these situations, an orthodontist may use braces, clear aligners, palatal expanders, or headgear as part of your treatment plan. Your child’s pediatric dentist may recommend a consultation from an orthodontist. Whether you’re seeking orthodontic treatment for yourself or your child, be sure your plan covers it. Also, make sure your plan doesn’t require a referral from your primary care dentist.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *